The Close Knit podcast showcases artists, designers, and makers from all over the world who work with fibre in its many forms. Knitters, spinners, sewers, textile artists - all will be celebrated on the Close Knit podcast.
This episode, I caught up with Kylie Walsh of We Heart the Arts. Kylie is a curator, creative retail space manager, and event organiser. She works with fibre in her practice of "wrapping" - which we'll talk about in the podcast. This past year, she's gotten into weaving - check out some of her work below.
Photos by: Ani Lee, Kylie Walsh
People/things we mentioned in the podcast:
- Liz Payne - embroiderer
- Laura Taylor, School of Hard Knots (also ep.3 on the Close Knit Podcast ;) )
- Above the Canopy - Lizzy Mendinsky (ep 10 on the Close Knit Podcast - stay tuned!)
- Queen Babs - Jane (again!)
- The Unusual Pear - weaver
- Fibre Share - every few months, fibre artists from around the world send each other parcels of fibre-y goodness to love and make with (it's a pretty special thing!)
- Natalie Miller Design - weaver, macrame artist, knitter, dyer (all round #colourporn)
- Miss Helen - weaver and weaving teacher
- We Heart the Arts - Kylie's venture, which supports Sydney's creatives through community + social engagement
Like what you're hearing?
Awesome! I'm glad you've found your way to this podcast. Please feel free to subscribe, leave a review on iTunes (this makes all the difference to reaching more people!) and share with your loved ones. Thanks for tuning in.
Until next time!