The Close Knit podcast showcases artists, designers, and makers from all over the world who work with fibre in its many forms. Knitters, spinners, sewers, textile artists - all will be celebrated on the Close Knit podcast.
This week on the Close Knit Podcast, I spoke to Caitlin Murray of Raglan St Wears. We chatted about the inspiration for her SS15 collection, how she keeps motivated to continue working on her business, and her love of needlepoint.
People/ Things we mentioned in the podcast:
- William Morris - 1800's tapestry designer, artist, philosopher (this is the needlepoint maker Caitlin is using to create her latest needlepoint project)
- Picnic At Hanging Rock - the movie that inspired Caitlin's SS15 collection
- The Beach Tank - Jess Schreibstien's knitting pattern that Caitlin has been working on
- Maryanne Moodie - expert weaver, check out the hashtag #weaveweird on social media channels
- Queen Babs (Jane) - crocheter, yarn-bomber, facilitator of community gatherings - all 'round lovely human.
- Subscribe: Itunes
Like what you're hearing?
Awesome! I'm glad you've found your way to this podcast. Please feel free to subscribe, leave a review on iTunes (this makes all the difference to reaching more people!) and share with your loved ones. Thanks for tuning in.
Until next time!