~ little grub, lotta goals ~ (a series)
in which I show you my TO DO lists (monthly) and list what I accomplished & what I didn't, in an effort to stay accountable to my work, and also just be transparent about how i spend my time.
In May I will:
s l o w (TF) d o w n
I will do this by:
- putting fewer things on my To Do list - (the irony of this is not lost on me)
- walking to work 1-2x weekly (instead of riding)
- sitting on the back porch more
- reflecting on how I moved across the world under 6 months ago & how I am doing okay in spite of (because of) this.
- get library card & start using overdrive
- Schwab deposit
- Research credit card to build credit & earn points/miles
- Mint 3 month check in
- Budget for gospel choir uniform
health - mental etc
- HIKE a lot more please
- friend and sister dates
- Mother’s Day brunch
- contact CK re summer school
- choir weekly. practice when down time, walking places, grocery shopping
- sweep room weekly, wash sheets regularly, open windows in the house, vaccum rug
- call & sort out therapy, begin looking for a match
- re-skein cotton to gift to verbies (it’s getting to be a bit late, but this is still important to me!)
- Mend my Pyne and smith dress
- work on Thea's cardigan (finish?)
- spend time with the quilt. maybe even finish the preliminary lines and think about how to bind it.
- finish sock #1 red
- order more mustard wool to start sock for annie
- start a plan for Summer of Basics
- interview guest for ep 38
- Find temp editor
- release ep 38 end of month
- create patreon playlist for June
- send newsletter with updates (2nd)
- Guatemala debrief : figure out logical sequence
- 13k shawl gift
- magazine writing - contact person about
& always - enough water, 8 hours sleep, try to figure out how to make eating/food prep easier
APRIL (a recap/ the list of what I got done)
- get library card & start using overdrive - didn't do, library hours weird.
- post docs for aus super ✅ 4/14
- Go to DMV & get a CA license (need this to do the next 2)
- open savings account ✅ 4/20
- re-open roth ira acct & deposit money into ✅ 4/20
- Also, do your taxes ✅ 4/16
health - mental etc
- friend and sister dates - coffees, crafting sessions & sleepovers ✅ 4/10 dinner/intl sibling day ✅ coffee Nat 4/15 ✅ coffee Kaya ✅ Jaclyn hikes
- go to Music 148 to help CK 1-2 times. Go to their concert ✅ concert 4/7
- choir weekly. get tunes from Tori. practice when down time, walking places, grocery shopping ✅ 4/9 ✅ attended every rehearsal, practiced while walking/cycling
- sweep room weekly, wash sheets regularly, open windows in the house, vaccum rug ✅ 4/14 ✅ 4/22
- healthcare set up ✅ online acct
- call & sort out therapy, begin looking for a match - migrate to May task
- re-skein cotton to gift to verbies - didn't do!
- hem the black linen piece I got to turn into a cover for the shelf in the sun room - didn't do, not a priority yet?
- work on Thea's cardigan (sleeves) ✅ sleeve one 3/4 done
- spend time with the quilt. maybe even finish the preliminary lines and think about how to bind it. ✅ half way done 2/11
- finish sock #2 beige ✅ 4/10
- finish sock #1 red - partially done
- order more mustard wool to start sock for annie- sock cast on 4/11 ✅
- start a plan for Summer of Basics (can happen as late as May) - migrate to May
- interview guest for ep 37 - get set up before La leaves on microphone ✅ 4/15
- Edit pod Monday ✅ 4/23
- release ep 37 end of month ✅ 4/27
- create patreon playlist for may. ✅ playlist found 4/23
- send newsletter with updates (first newsletter ever? v scared of this task tbh) ✅ 4/20
- Guatemala debrief > May
- 13k shawl gift > May
- magazine writing > may?
- send object to melb ✅ 4/14
& always - enough water, 8 hours sleep, meal prep and ask to be fed
That's it, really. These are the things I want to and need to do in addition to my regular life things of day job and general keeping self alive tasks.
I'm really into list writing and goal setting and keeping track of things with as much honesty as possible. If ya ever want to talk goals and accountability, I'm into it. And if this is a thing that you're like oooof I struggle with this, shoot me an email at hello [at] closeknit [dot] com [dot] au && let's chat - I provide this sort of support to folks on my patreon who pledge $15/month or more, and I'm here to help!